Terms & Conditions
QStore Refurbishment Process
- Receive equipment– Our equipment is sourced and received from our parent company, who specialises in renting out new equipment to large corporates for a limited time
- Assessment & Repairs– This phase is designed to test all the components on all devices function 100%, and to determine which components require replacement
- Install / Setup– Check order instructions and ensure correct specifications, install updated operating system and device drivers
- Quality control– Double check system specification, verify and test all parts and functionality of the device, check BIOS setting profile, verify the operating system license key, stress testing, verify serial number
- Packing / Shipping– Clean the device, verify all peripheral parts to be present, check delivery/collection notes, create shipping tags, securely package the device in special QStore boxes
Orders Processing and Timelines
Once QStore has received full payment for an order, the order will be processed.
The order will then be processed within 2 working days. (Large orders may need some extra time added)
During this timeframe, the following takes place:
- The products are picked from our warehouse stock
- The products undergo the last three steps in the ‘QStore Refurbishment Process’ takes place
- The funds from PayFast is transferred to us within 48hours of payment has been made
Paid orders with Collection selected - You may collect your order during business hours 48 hours from payment
Paid orders with Delivery selected - You may expect your order to be delivered on an average of 3 – 5 working days from payment.
Unless otherwise stated, discount codes are not valid in conjunction with other discount codes. Not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit.
All promotions are valid while stock lasts.
The promotions will only run for a certain time, and may be stopped at any time deemed fit by QStore.
Some pricing is only relevant directly to the promotions, and will only be valid while that promotion is on offer.
Birthday Competition 2017
- For the QStore Birthday November 2017 competition the following conditions apply:
- The closing date of the competition is 30 November 2017
- Automatic entry obtained by purchasing any products from QStore and signing up for the QStore newsletter
- Winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be held on 4 December 2017.
- Winners will be notified telephonically and per email
- By entering for this competition, you consent that QStore may use your particulars for further marketing
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.\
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item or cash.
- Should you be a participant to whom a prize is due, you consent to QStore to take, capture, record and/or use your name, voice, photographic images or video images for the purpose of marketing and publicity campaigns.
- Prize winners also agree that their participation in this competition, and/ or their acceptance and/ or usage of a prize and/ or any other aspect thereto will be at their own risk.
- To the full extent permissible by applicable Law, QStore will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive
- or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the promotional Competition or the acceptance and/ or use by
- you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with stated terms and Conditions.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- No employees of QStore and the InnoVent Group and or any of their family members may participate and/ or enter into this competition.
- Only fully completed entry forms will be eligible to qualify for prizes. Any incomplete entry forms will result in disqualification from the competition.
Discount coupon not applicable to Black Friday promotional items
All products featured on the website are refurbished, unless stated otherwise. Actual products may differ slightly in appearance to images shown.
Product Availability and Limitations
Given the popularity and/or supply constraints of some of our products, QStore may have to limit the number of products available for purchase. QStore reserves the right to change quantities available for purchase at any time, even after you place an order. Furthermore, there may be occasions when QStore confirms your order but subsequently learns that it cannot supply the ordered product. In the event, we cannot supply a product you ordered, QStore will cancel the order and refund your purchase price in full.
Pricing and Payment
All prices are inclusive of VAT, of South African currency (ZAR).
QStore reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at / on the QStore at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur.
Quotations/Proforma invoices are valid only for 7 days after the quotation date.
Payment methods include:
- Payment online through our secure online payment platform PayFast
- Payment through finance or layby with our finance partner FinYou/eLayBy
- EFT payment
- Cash payment into our bank account
- Card payments at our speed point machine at our premises
We unfortunately do not accept cash payments at our premises for security reasons.
Order Acceptance / Confirmation for Online Purchases
Once we receive your order, we’ll provide you with an email order confirmation. Your receipt of an order confirmation, however, does not signify QStore’s acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell; we are simply confirming that we received your order. QStore reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If QStore cancels an order after you have already been billed, QStore will refund the billed amount.
Shipping & Delivery
Deliveries will be quoted on if requested, based on the delivery address provided by our customers, and shipping option chosen.
Since the actual delivery of your order can be impacted by many events beyond QStore’s control once it leaves our facilities, QStore cannot be held liable for late deliveries. We will, however, work with you to ensure a smooth delivery.
All deliveries will require your signature. If there’s no-one available at the delivery address, a re-delivery will be attempted. If this is not successful, the goods are returned to us by the courier. An additional fee will be charged to arrange a further delivery.
If damage is noticed at point of delivery the order can be refused and returned with the driver.
In the case of multifunctional printers, the warranty applies when QStore delivers the printer to the client’s address. As printers have a lot of moving parts, we use vehicles with special suspension to transport the equipment to our clients to ensure the units stay intact. If collected and transported by our clients directly, QStore cannot accept liability of damage in transit, therefore the warranty will not apply in this instance.
South African Sales Only
QStore accepts orders from billing addresses within the Republic of South Africa. QStore will not ship products purchased to an address outside of South Africa. QStore products are subject to South African and foreign export control laws and regulations and must be purchased, sold, exported, re-exported, transferred, and used in compliance with such export laws and regulations.
Damaged / Missing Items / Wrong Items
PLEASE CALL IMMEDIATELY TO REPORT DAMAGE
If damage is noticed at point of delivery the order can be refused and returned with the driver.
As with all purchases, we understand that you will want to open and test your item as soon as it arrives. It’s very important that you report any damaged, missing or incorrect items to us as soon as possible, preferably on the day of delivery. If this isn’t possible we consider it reasonable that your items will have been checked for visible damage and reported within 5 days. If you do not intend to use your goods immediately, please open and inspect them before storing, damage requests reported too late may be refused
NOTE: Do not try to fix an item/appliance if it is damaged without calling for advice first. If you cause further physical damage by fixing an item you know to be damaged we may be unable to accept the item for return.
All refurbished goods we sell have a 6 month carry-in warranty on the hardware of the equipment, unless stated otherwise. Any hardware fault encountered within the warranty period will be covered by this warranty.
If you’ve had the product for 6 months or less and require a fault repair, your product will be repaired directly by us. If that’s not possible we will give you a replacement, or if that’s not possible, a refund.
Any hardware faults need to be reported to QStore as soon as possible. Customers will need to return the faulty equipment to QStore at their own expense, with the proof of purchase. Alternatively, you may contact the QStore Support team and request a quotation for us to collect and return the equipment.
Equipment returned must be in the following condition:
- Original packaging
- All warranty stickers in place
- Same parts as per the original unit supplied
This warranty does not cover the following:
- If the failure is not related to general wear and tear with fair usage; but caused by misuse, neglect, accident, improper storage, installation or handling, or by repair or modification not done by QStore.
- If the unit has different specifications as per the original unit supplied, and/or parts are missing, and/or parts and cover are not intact.
- Unit has been tampered with, screws are missing and warranty labels are tampered with
- Surge damage
- Should machines be reloaded with and out of scope operating software, any failures relating to perceived hardware failure due to incompatible software driver or virus issues will not be considered
Technical support is for diagnosing hardware faults only. They do not provide training, setup assistance, or help with software. An additional fee may be quoted, if assistance is needed for this.
Warranty on Laptop Batteries
It is important to note that the batteries in our refurbished laptops are tested to hold a charge. QStore does not commit to a minimum battery discharge / run time.
The laptop battery will only be replaced under warranty when it does not hold a charge at all and the fault is reported and returned to QStore within 7 days of purchase.
For some units clearly indicated there will be no warranty on the batteries, and the functionality is tested based on using the Power Supply Unit plugged in.
To ensure optimum performance from the battery, we do recommend that a new battery is purchased. To order a new battery or any other upgrades, please contact the QStore sales team for assistance. The manufacturer’s warranty for the new parts will be passed on to the customer for these parts.
Returns / Exchange / Refunds
If you are not completely satisfied with you item, you may simply return the product and all accessories with the original receipt and original packaging within 7 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment amount and method, less any direct costs associated with the order.
Direct costs include what costs QStore had to pay to various suppliers directly for the processing of your order. These include, but are not limited to: PayFast transaction fees, courier fees, requested upgrade fees, damage costs, etc.
Please note the following:
- The warranty seals must be intact, no modification must have been made by anyone other than QStore
- The goods must be securely packed to preserve the value
- The cost of return will be for the customer
For an exchange or refund, the equipment must be returned to QStore. Kindly also send us a full reason for the return, for us to keep a detailed record for quality control and aftersales purposes.
The equipment will then be tested on return to QStore to ensure it was returned in the same condition that it was provided to you. Any found damages will be deducted off the refund amount. On the successful assessment of the equipment, the relevant refund will be done, less the direct costs relevant to the order.
Any refunds will be aimed to made within 7 days after receiving back the goods at QStore’s physical premises, and at the maximum not longer than 30 days from receiving back the goods.